Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab (Stone Lab) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions document [https://thestonelab.com/help-and-guidance/terms-and-conditions]) sets out the basis on which any personal data that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, the data controller is Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab, a company incorporated in England (company number 00579757) and who can be contacted at the Head Office address 150 Ashley Road, Hale, Cheshire, WA15 9SA, UK or by telephone on 0161 929 5164.
We are Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab, a leading manufacturer of fine diamond and gem set jewellery based in London and Manchester, United Kingdom since 2020.
You do not have to give us any personal information to make use of most of
However, to do any of the following things, you will need to provide us with
- Fill in registration forms to register for an account;
- Make use of Our Site and services, such as, placing an order;
- Sign up to receive emails and updates via post, for example, newsletters, and/or promotional information (for more information see 'Your Rights' below);
- Participate in social media functions which may be available on Our Site;
- Participate in competitions, promotions or surveys;
- Contact or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
The personal information we collect might include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment card details. All the personal information collected, are relevant and necessary for Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab to perform our obligations thereon.
Please note: The Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab website uses Ingenico, Barclaycard via Ogone Ingenico payment platform, and finance provided through Pay4Later Ltd trading as Dekopay. When you place an order, your credit/debit card information is encrypted and then sent over the internet, no one can read or access the data that is being transmitted.
For us to process your order over the telephone, we need to know your name, email address, address the card is registered to, delivery address, credit/debit card number, security code and expiry date and a telephone number (preferably a mobile number, or email address, to enable the couriers to contact you regarding deliveries).
We will use the information you give to us to:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
-To process new and repeat orders;
- To verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card amount;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic (e-mail or SMS) or postal means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a prospective customer, you will only be marketed to, if you have explicitly agreed to it;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab maintains strict policies to avoid unsolicited correspondence. We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about our site visitors' traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not sell or share any information about individual users.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. You may request a copy of our retention policy using the postal address above or email@example.com
When you fill out a web-form to sign up to a newsletter, download a resource, such as a brochure, or enquire about a product, we may ask you to provide certain personal information, including your: Name; Email address; Telephone number.
By completing the form and ticking the relevant boxes you are providing your consent for Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab to process your personal data, and this is the legal basis we are relying on to do so.
We will use the information that you give us to send you relevant emails containing Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab news & marketing communications. Your information may be sent to our marketing platform provider, Campaign Monitor.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we will automatically
- Technical information, including the display properties of your computer and the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time), products you viewed and searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visit of certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, your account information, the content of any forms that you complete on our website and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
The GDPR gives you the following rights with regards to the
personal data we store about
you. You have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal information, which enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
2. Ask us to amend any information that we hold about you which is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate.
3. Upon you request for Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab to delete your information, we will comply with your request where there is no legal obligation for us to maintain the information.
4. Object to us using your personal information with third-party organizations for solely marketing purposes.
5. Restrict or suspend the usage of your personal data.
6. Request to transfer your personal information to another individual or organization.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides you with the right to access any information held about you. You can assert this right at any time. We will provide a copy of your information, free of charge. However, we do reserve the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide us with any personal information.
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy. If your data is transferred outside of the EU it will be done so to allow us to perform any contractual obligations that are required to provide the services, you have requested from us.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information is encrypted and protected while in transit with 256 Bit SSL encryption. When you are on a secure page, a padlock icon will appear on the address bar of web browsers such as Google Chrome.
All financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and we also recommend you change your password regularly.
Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab shall give notice when a user’s information was, or it is reasonably believed to have been, inappropriately accessed as a result of a security breach. Said notice shall be made immediately upon confirmed discovery of the breach (including fulfilling our obligation under the GDPR to notify the ICO within 72 hours) and the time necessary such as to allow Steven Stone Ltd trading as Stone Lab to determine the scope of the breach, to identify organisations and individuals affected by the breach, and to restore reasonable integrity of the data system that was breached.
For whatever reason, should you wish to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s office, as is your right, you can do by contacting the ICO directly via one of the options on their website https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/